Latham is located in the heart of New York, we are just a few hours from the ocean, Adirondack National Park, and many beautiful lakes, the Albany area is the perfect New York spot to call home.
Latham and nearby Albany, Saratoga Springs, Troy and Schenectady offer plenty to see and do!
- Love the arts? Residents of the Albany area enjoy an extensive theater, art, music, and dance culture (visit the Palace Performing Arts Center and the Egg). The Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Proctor’s theatre in Scenectady and Times Union Center are all great for big acts and shows, but there are lots of smaller venues too for those of us who enjoy a more intimate experience with art.
- Foodie at heart? Albany’s food scene is exploding. For breakfast, grab a cup of joe at Stacks Espresso Bar or a doughnut at Cider Belly Doughnuts. Eggy’s Place, a “hidden gem” food truck, offers quick and delicious food truck fare, and the mac and cheese at Druthers Brewing Company get rave reviews from the locals. Troy and Colonie are both about 10 minutes away and both have really great farmers’ markets.
- Want to shop ’til you drop? Take a stroll down Lark Street (Albany’s “village in the city”) or Stuyvesant Plaza for an array of unique, local retailers as well as popular national brands.
- Night owl? To experience Albany’s vibrant nightlife, visit Wolff’s Biergarten or Nine Pin Cider, both located in the up-and-coming Warehouse District. For a more intimate scene, you’ll love Speakeasy 518.
- Love to Travel? Check Vermont & Western Massachusetts off your bucket list, they are both a short drive away! New York City is 3 hours away by car, but you don’t have to drive, take the train! You’re also a short cab ride from Albany International Airport when you’re ready to travel further from home.
- Love the outdoors? Check out John Boyd Thacher State Park for stunning panoramic scenery and trails for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling.
- What’s your sport?
- Skiing? The Green Mountains are a short drive away; world-class and smaller local family resorts abound nearby!
- Mountain biking? hop over the border to Thunder Mountain in Massachusetts for some downhill thrill seeking, or take on any of the miles of trails nearby.
- Love horses and pretty places? Saratoga Springs is a short drive away and a fantastic place to live or spend a weekend.