Many diseases can have similar signs, but vary in severity. Below is a list of symptoms or conditions that could typically be associated with potentially serious conditions. Call anytime and speak with one of our technicians for advice.
The following list is signs or conditions that would typically be associated with potentially serious conditions.
- Increased rate and/or effort in breathing
- Shallow or delayed breathing – gasping
- Changes to Oral Gum Color (should be pink)
- Distended or Bloated Belly
- Persistent Vomiting and/or Diarrhea
- Changes to Alertness
- Loss of Balance
- Fall from Height
- Dog or Cat Fights
- Bites from Wildlife
- Sudden Deterioration of Chronic Illness
- Eating suspected poisonous plant – more information: ASPCA Poison Plant page
- Exposure to any chemicals/toxins – more Information on common Pet Health Toxins
- Eye discomfort, severe itching, hives, facial swelling
- Straining or unable to urinate or have a bowel movement
- Difficulty or Unusual Delay in Delivering Kittens or Puppies
- Exposure to Extreme Temperatures
- Pain, Discomfort or Acute Lameness
Determining if your pet has an emergency can be challenging. Our staff is here to advise you in deciding if your pet needs emergency care. If there is any doubt, our staff will take a look at your pet to determine if your pet needs to see a veterinarian….giving you peace of mind. Ultimately the decision to be seen should be made by the family.